‘Huffing’ Suspected in Osage Beach Man’s Death
Police are investigating the death of a 33-year-old man in an Osage Beach motel room:
Osage Beach Police Sgt. Arlyne Page says the man apparently died from “huffing” – inhaling vapors from the aerosol cans. Page says officers found the 33-year-old surrounded by dozens of empty aerosol cans:
huffing suspected cause of death
Over the course of three days, Page says they’d purchased than 50 cans of an aerosol dust-buster product from a nearby store:
Page says the high from huffing lasts only 10-15 seconds and compares it to playing Russian roulette with your body. “You do not know if that next misuse of an inhalant will kill you, leave you blind, brain damaged or deaf. Chronic use can also lead to Lung, Heart, Liver, Kidney, Muscle and Nerve damage. All inhalants can cause, ‘Sudden Sniffing Death Syndrome.’ This is due to a sudden and unexpected disturbance of the heart’s rhythm,” Page says.