A fire destroys a home in Osage Beach. Osage Beach Fire Chief Jeff Dorhauer says they were called just after 6:00 on Monday night to a residence on Lakehurst Circle off of Osage Beach Road. Crews found flames coming from the garage and the roof of the home. Dorhauer says the cause of the fire is a kerosene heater that was being too closely to combustible materials in the garage. Dorhauer says space heaters and other home heating devices can be dangerous.
Dorhauer says the home is believed to be a total loss. No one was injured. Osage Beach fire crews were assisted by Lake Ozark Fire and Osage Beach Police and Ambulance.