One of the lakes oldest locally owned and operated stores will end its grocery operations. Carl Williams started his journey in the 1950’s when he opened up Carls’ as a one room store at the junctions of highway 54 and 42. Throughout the years’ Willams maintained his store as a one-stop shop for locals. In 1982, Tilliams built Carl’s Village which started as a grocery store, and later added on a hardware store in the lower level. The Williams family has decided to get rid of the grocery store and move the hardware store to the upstairs at Carl’s Village. The store will still continue to sell certain things such as ice, beer, milk, snacks, and other items, but will no longer be a grocery store. The official moving of the hardware store started today and should be complete by the end of the week.