Ameren Missouri is offering more help to customers affected by COVID 19.
Officials say they’re adding an additional $3.5 million dollars towards their energy assistance funds to help customers across the state, which is in addition to the $1 million announced in March.
The COVID 19 Clean Slate program launched last week will go to help the most vulnerable customers pay off any past due balances incurred during the pandemic.
In our area, Central Missouri Community Action will be administering the funds for all income-eligible customers.
In order to qualify, you must pay 25% of your existing balance and they will cover the remaining 75%.
Funding through the COVID-19 Clean Slate program is expected to benefit approximately 9,000 households. Customers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to see if they are eligible before their outstanding balance becomes overwhelming.
To get started, contact CMCA at 573-443-8706 to see if you meet these eligibility requirements:
- Must be a residential electric customer
- Must pay 25% down on the balance due
- Must be at 175% or lower of the federal poverty rate
- Example: A family of four with a household income of $45,850/year or $3,821/month or less may qualify
- Determined by the agency—not Ameren Missouri
- Check Income Chart
Customers can also call Ameren Missouri directly for assistance.
For additional services:
- LIHEAP – Contact your local Community Action agency or call 855-FSDINFO (855-373-4636) to request an application.
- Cooldownmissouri.org – Funds are available for the elderly and physically disabled, and low-to-moderate income families.
Ameren Missouri also has extended its suspension of service disconnections and late fees until at least July 1.