Photo Courtesy of Lake Area Fools on Facebook.

The cause of the Massive Fire that took out one of the buildings at Emerald Bay Condos is now known.

According to the state Fire Marshall’s office, a gas grill on the upper level failed, which helped fuel the flames that destroyed the entire building.

      NEWS-06-18-2020 FIRE UPDATE-2 - 18th June 2020

Lake Ozark Fire Chief Mark Amsinger.

He tells KRMS News the barbeque pit likely had a leak, but did not explode as some originally though on social media.

The Fire Marshall ruled the fire as accidental.