A home in the Purvis Road area south of Laurie was destroyed by fire this morning. When Sunrise Beach and Gravois Mills fire crews arrived at the single-story house on Waterfront Road, flames were shooting through the roof. No one was injured. Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District Chief John Sullentrop says, “It was a rental, the fellow had lived there for quite some time, lived by himself. It was a kitchen fire, spread to the rest of the building very quicky and pretrty much destroyed it.” The fire apparently started in an electric stove.