Tue. Jan 31st, 2023
A building in Rocky Mount is destroyed following a fire on Tuesday.
According to the Rocky Mount Fire District, tankers were brought out around 6PM following the call of a fire inside a 2-car garage.
Firefighters eventually brought the fire under control, but the building was deemed a total loss.
Investigators say a wood burning stove was improperly installed and was likely the cause of the fire.
During the winter months, fire districts always remind residents to have their fireplace or wood burning stoves checked out and cleaned before use.
Photo courtesy of Rock Mount Fire District.