Investigators say Saturday night’s fire at the Lakewood Condominiums was caused by propane gas fireplace logs:
Osage Beach Fire Protection District Chief Jeffrey Dorhauer says the fire marshal working with insurance investigators have determined that “new gas log sets in the fireplace boxes had been set too close to combustible material. The subsequent lighting of the fireplace by the occupants in unit 401 caused the combustible material to heat to its ignition temperature.” Dorhauer says it’s still too early to provide a final damage estimate:
There were six people in the building when the fire started. Everybody got out safely.