Working smoke alarms are being credited for what could’ve been a disaster for residents of a four-plex in Camden County. Mid-County Fire Chief Scott Frandsen says the call to 7312 State Route-D was received shortly before 10:15 Saturday night and upon arrival, discovered heavy smoke coming from the unit. Chief Frandsen says a pot left on the stove was to blame and any damage was minor and confined to the stove area. Two pets inside were rescued and are fine. Neighbors in the four-plex made the call for help after hearing the smoke alarms and smelling the smoke.