A new study from WalletHub.com shows Missouri hanging in the top ten in the US in the fastest economic recovery during the China Virus pandemic.
WalletHub analyst Jill Gonzales.
She tells KRMS News the weekely study shows Missouri ranked 20th overall in terms of the best recovery since the start of the Covid pandemic.
Missouri’s unemployment rate was up 8.7-percent last week compared to the beginning of 2020.
Despite COVID-19 raging across the U.S., new unemployment claims decreased week-over-week on August 3, and were still 86% below the peak during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help add some context to these statistics, WalletHub just released updated rankings for the States Whose Weekly Unemployment Claims Are Recovering the Quickest
To identify which states’ workforces are experiencing the quickest recovery from COVID-19, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across three metrics based on changes in unemployment claims. Below, you can see highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A. To see the states most recovered since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, click here.
Change in Missouri Weekly Unemployment Claims (1=Quickest Recovery, 25=Avg.):
- 206.14% Change in Unemployment Claims (Latest Week vs Last Year)
- 8,131 the week of August 3, 2020 vs 2,656 the week of August 5, 2019
- 11th quickest recovery in the U.S.
- 8.79% Change in Unemployment Claims (Latest Week vs Start of 2020)
- 8,131 the week of August 3, 2020 vs 7,474 the week of January 1, 2020
- 10th quickest recovery in the U.S.
- 1,090.14% Change in Unemployment Claims (Since Start of COVID-19 Crisis vs Last Year)
- 772,078 between the week of March 16, 2020 and the week of August 3, 2020 vs 70,824 between the week of March 18, 2019 and the week of August 5, 2019
- 20th quickest recovery in the U.S.
To view the full report please visit: