The Show-Me-State is not as safe as you’d think.
Jill Gonzales with WalletHub tells KRMS News the state just fell flat when it came to their 53 key safety indicators.
The safest state was Maine and the worst was Mississippi. Missouri also fared better than our Ozark neighboring state of Arkansas, which came in at #47.
In order to determine the most secure states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 53 key metrics. The data set ranges from the state’s coronavirus support to assaults per capita and the unemployment rate.
Safety in Missouri (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 35th – WalletHub “States Offering the Most Coronavirus Support” Score
- 49th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 43rd – Assaults per Capita
- 37th – Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 29th – Job Security
- 38th – Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 31st – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 17th – Law-Enforcement Employees per Capita
- 41st – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 32nd – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 32nd – Share of Uninsured Population