Missouri’s Unemployment numbers are dropping fast.
According to a new report from Wallethub.com, Missouri is 20th overall when it comes to job recovery since the COVID 19 Pandemic started in March.
But on a week to week basis, the Show Me State is leading the pack.
Jill Gonzalez with Wallethub.
She tells KRMS News the change in unemployment claims compared to this time last year is nearly 100%, or almost double.
With COVID-19’s continued grip on the U.S., new unemployment claims increased slightly week-over-week on September 14, but were still 87% below the peak during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help add some context to these statistics, WalletHub just released updated rankings for the States Whose Weekly Unemployment Claims Are Recovering the Quickest, along with accompanying videos and audio files.
To identify which states’ workforces are experiencing the quickest recovery from COVID-19, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across three metrics based on changes in unemployment claims. Below, you can see highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A. To see the states most recovered since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, click here.
Change in Missouri Weekly Unemployment Claims (1=Quickest Recovery, 25=Avg.):
- 98.16% Change in Unemployment Claims (Latest Week vs Last Year)
- 7,225 the week of September 14, 2020 vs 3,646 the week of September 16, 2019
- 2nd quickest recovery in the U.S.
- -3.33% Change in Unemployment Claims (Latest Week vs Start of 2020)
- 7,225 the week of September 14, 2020 vs 7,474 the week of January 1, 2020
- 7th quickest recovery in the U.S.
- 957.62% Change in Unemployment Claims (Since Start of COVID-19 Crisis vs Last Year)
- 830,460 between the week of March 16, 2020 and the week of September 14, 2020 vs 86,721 between the week of March 18, 2019 and the week of September 16, 2019
- 20th quickest recovery in the U.S.
To view the full report, please visit: