With the ice on the roadways, officials are warning against dangerous driving conditions.
In order to keep you safe, MoDOT is remind everyone about their app.
Adam Pulley is Communications Manager with MoDOT.
He tells KRMS News the best idea is to avoid traveling unless necessary.
You can find the MoDOT app in your device by searching MoDOT Map.
Keep informed of rapidly changing forecasts and prepare to respond accordingly. To check road conditions please go to MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map at traveler.modot.org/map/ The map can also be downloaded as a free app for Apple and Android devices.
Here are some safety tips if you must travel in inclement weather:
- Please wear your seat belt and don’t drive distracted. Buckle Up Phone Down.
- Slow down and adjust your speed to the conditions. Do not use your cruise control.
- Keep mirrors, windows and lights clean.
- Remember to stay at least six car lengths back from snowplows and equipment. Plowed snow can create a cloud that can blind drivers following too closely.
- If your wipers are on, keep your headlights on. It’s the law.
- If you encounter car troubles or are involved in a crash, please remain in your vehicle.
MoDOT also provides road condition information through its Customer Service Center. Dial 888-ASK-MODOT (888-275-6636) to speak with a customer service representative 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.