After a toxic gas incident over the weekend, the new chief of the Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District, Dennis Riley, is warning residents of the dangers of carbon monoxide:
Riley says every home should have a carbon monoxide detector:
Firefighters responded to a home last weekend when a woman called to report her alarm going off. It was quickly determined that dangerously high levels of the odorless, tasteless, deadly gas did exist, apparently coming from a malfunctioning heating system:
Riley says if the home hadn’t been equipped with the alarm, the woman could have been killed.