Damage is estimated at $30,000 from an early-morning fire in an Osage Beach apartment building. Fire crews were called the complex on Sunset Drive around midnight. Osage Beach Fire Protection District Deputy Chief Terry Paul says they were able to contain the flames to the kitchen and adjoining bathroom bathroom of on the first floor of one two-story apartment unit. The rest of the apartment sustained moderate smoke damage, and three adjoining units sustained light damage from smoke. The fire started when the resident attempted to fry food in a pan on the stove, and the pan erupted in flames.