Roadwork will be causing traffic delays for some residents in Benton County in the coming week.
According to MODOT, drivers can expect road closures on Highway 65 south of Lincoln, about 14 miles from Benton County Route B.
Crews are adding new asphalt to the roadway and MODOT says flaggers will be on hand to direct traffic.
All work is being done during the daytime hours.
Henry/Benton Counties – Drivers can expect lane closures and occasional traffic delays on three routes in Henry and Benton counties for a resurfacing project beginning the week of May 9, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
These are the routes impacted by this project:
- Henry County Route Y from Henry County Route C north approximately nine and a half miles to Missouri Route 52 in Windsor
- Benton County Route H from U.S. Route 65 south of Lincoln east approximately 14 miles to Benton County Route B
- Missouri Route 2 from Johnson/Henry County line south of Leeton east approximately 10 miles to Henry County Route WW in Windsor
Contractor crews will add an overlay of new asphalt to the above routes.
- Traffic reduced to one lane where contractor crews are laying asphalt
- Drivers will encounter flaggers and pilot cars where crews are working. Drivers should wait for the pilot vehicle before proceeding through the work zone or before entering the work zone from a side road.
- Work will be done during daytime hours; all lanes open to traffic at night
- No signed detour
- Drivers should find alternate routes
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone
Drivers are urged to use caution as they may experience a rough ride in areas until the resurfacing project is complete.
Weather and/or scheduling delays could alter the work schedule.
- Prime contractor: Capital Paving & Construction, Columbia
- Total project cost: $2.9 million
- Completion date: November 1, 2022