Tue. Feb 27th, 2024
Significant damage is reported to a residence in the 100-block of Osage Highlands Loop in the Greenview area after a fire Saturday night.
Mid-County Chief Scott Frandsen says arriving units discovered heavy fire showing through the roof…“The crews immediately went inside and quickly realized the fire was contained to the attic….they were able to pull the ceiling and get that attic fire under control fairly quickly….about 30 minutes.”
All occupants and their pets were able to safely get out before fire personnel arrived.
One of the occupants was treated at the scene for an arm injury.
Frandsen also says preliminary investigation is calling the fire, which likely started in the area of the flue, as accidental…“We again remind everyone going into the cold season….get your fireplaces checked and make sure there are no combustibles near the flu.”
Assisting at the scene were personnel from the Sunrise Beach and Osage Beach fire districts along with Lake West Ambulance.