Today’s Top Story

larry warner

Warner Pleads Guilty To 2 Of 3 Charges

One of the three people charged in the death of 15 year old Khighla Parks plead guilty Friday to two of the three counts against him. According to reports, Larry Warner of Springfield was one of the 3 individuals arrested following a body being discovered on Truman Lake in 2012, which turned out to be Parks. Police say that Parks had become friends with another person involved … [Read More]

Latest News

Featured Story

Local News

deer

Deer Numbers From 2013 Very Low

Bad news for Deer hunters in Missouri, the Deer population continues to drop and Conservation officials are worried. Reports show that hunters took in just over 250,000 whitetail deer last year which is the lowest total in a decade. Due to the small amount, … [Read More]

kristin prince

Plea Hearing For Prince On Tuesday

A Laclede County woman facing charges for allegedly taking part in a gang beating, torture and rape of a Niangua woman is scheduled for a plea hearing Tuesday. 21 year old Kristin Prince is one of four people implicated in the crime which took place in May of … [Read More]

road-work-ahead-sign

Vaughn Fork Road To Get New Bridge

Road officials are ready to fix a problem this winter so that it doesn’t happen again. Every time it rains, the low water crossing on Vaughn Fork Road floods over making it impossible to travel on the road until the water subsides. Officials say they plan to … [Read More]

3734571-Camden_County_Courthouse_Camdenton_Missouri_Camdenton

Changes To CC P&Z Elections Discussed

There may be some changes coming as to when the Camden County Planning and Zoning commission elects its officers. The proposed change would move the date to the board’s June meeting which would correct a conflict in dates between bylaws and the unified land … [Read More]

water_faucet

Sunrise Beach Working On Water Project

More than 100 residents in Sunrise Beach are a step closer to having cleaner drinking water. The Village is on a funding list to receive a grant that would pay for 75 percent of the phase three water project. The remaining 25 percent would be funded thru a … [Read More]

police car

SBPD Report on KRMSRADIO.COM

Fall is shaping up to be a busy time for the Sunrise Beach Police Department. Officers responded to nearly 200 calls throughout the month of September issuing 74 citations and 35 warnings. The Village’s Board of Trustees also recently accepted the resignation … [Read More]

wastewater facility

Sunrise Beach Sewer Project Nearing Completion

The phase one sewer project in Sunrise Beach is nearing completion. The last property to be connected to the village sewer is the First Baptist church. There are also a few minor punch items to be completed in order to finalize the project. The Village’s Board … [Read More]

school of the osage

School Of The Osage Board Meeting Monday

An open forum will be held during Monday’s meeting of the school of the Osage Board of Education. The board is also expected to consider bids for phases one thru three of the district’s tech infrastructure. In other business, updates will be given on the … [Read More]

vote

November Elections Two Weeks Away

The November election is just two weeks away and Lake Area residents will weigh in on several issues. Voters will decide whether to amend the State Constitution in regards to sex crime prosecution, early voting and Governor Nixon’s budget recommendations. … [Read More]

muextension

Nominations For MU Extension Council Needed

Nominations are being accepted to serve on the Camden County University of Missouri Extension Council. Among other things, Council members help with planning and promoting extension programs in the County. There are positions open in districts one, two and … [Read More]